Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The manuscript has been submitted solely to this journal and is not published, in press, or submitted elsewhere. Authors should disclose any prior posting, publication or distribution of all or part of the manuscript in an acknowledgement section on the separate title page.
- The corresponding author certifies to be authorized by all of the co-authors to submit the manuscript in its presented form.
- The article, or any part thereof, does not violate any existing original or derivative copyright.
- All personal identifiers are removed from the text and the properties to ensure the integrity of the blind peer-review.
- Authors do include a statement about any potential or perceived conflicts of interest in an acknowledgement section on the separate title page.
- Authors of empirical articles do understand and agree to give a mandatory data availability statement and to obligatory share replication code upon acceptance of the article.
The data collected from registered and non-registered users of this journal falls within the scope of the standard functioning of peer-reviewed journals. It includes information that makes communication possible for the editorial process; it is used to inform readers about the authorship and editing of content; it enables collecting aggregated data on readership behaviors, as well as tracking geopolitical and social elements of scholarly communication.
This journal’s editorial team uses this data to guide its work in publishing and improving this journal. Data that will assist in developing this publishing platform may be shared with its developer Public Knowledge Project (PKP) in an anonymized and aggregated form, with appropriate exceptions such as article metrics. The data will not be sold by this journal or PKP nor will it be used for purposes other than those stated here. The authors are responsible for the human subject data of all figures that are reported in the article published in this journal.
Those involved in editing this journal seek to be compliant with industry standards for data privacy, including the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provision for "data subject rights" that include (a) breach notification; (b) right of access; (c) the right to be forgotten; (d) data portability; and (e) privacy by design. The GDPR also allows for the recognition of “the public interest in the availability of the data,” which has a particular aliency for those involved in maintaining, with the greatest integrity possible, the public record of scholarly publishing.
Data Privacy Statement, University Bamberg